D-Store Orange County is currently looking for a full-time retail associate.
If you are looking for a young, dynamic and constantly growing company where you can make your expectations for professional and personal growth come true, please be sure to email firstname.lastname@example.org. We might be looking just for you!
|Job Title:||Retail Sales Associate|
|Reports To:||Retail Store Manager|
|Hrs per Week:||
Full (32 to 40 hours)
To advocate and deliver safety to people exposed to traumatic injuries in dynamic sports and everyday activities.
The history of Dainese began in Molvena, Italy in 1972 when Lino Dainese, a young motorcyclist and businessman, started designing and making protective clothing for motorcycle riders. Taking inspiration from the geometry of medieval armor and from nature itself, Dainese spearheaded technological innovation for dynamic sports protections and apparel. Today, Dainese represents safety, protection, comfort and reliability. The engineers of the Dainese Technology Center, known as D-Tec, use the combined experience of extreme conditions of competition to create a collection of products that caters to all types of riders. Research, development and competition are the essence of a journey that began more than forty years ago. From Giacomo Agostini to Valentino Rossi, Dainese is part of motorcycling history and innovation. Dainese is a company of firsts – hard shell back protectors, knee sliders, and D-air® products, the intelligent protection based on air bag technology. In 2007, Dainese acquired AGV Helmets, one of the most respected helmets companies in the world, to complete the concept of head-to-toe protection. In 2015, Dainese was acquired by InvestCorp, and is expanding its global business with new technology, branding, and retail expansion.
Dainese controls and maintains 20 company owned flagship “D-Stores” around the world and are seeking to expand the retail department and experience exponentially in the next 5 years. We are the only company in the world that offers head to toe protection through direct retail channels. The role of a Sales Associate at Dainese D-Stores is to ensure our customers the best possible shopping experience of our brands and products, by providing the highest level of customer service and product knowledge.
What We’re Looking For
- Retail experience in fashion or the motorcycle industry is preferable, but we will consider other service sector backgrounds with significant customer service influences.
- A passion for motorcycles and motorcycle gear is essential
- Confidence with people and conversation
- A strong understanding of our brands – where we came from, where we are, and how we are leading the world in future innovations
- An ability to be part of a team and role model to colleagues
- An ability to be positive and professional
- An ability to understand and share technical details
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides quality customer service to include assistance with purchases, suggestive selling and providing product information.
- Builds and maintains an understanding of the store’s products and price information to assist with customer purchases.
- Adheres to all Company policies regarding sales, operations, branding, and marketing.
- Receives payments from customers, operate cash register and credit card machine and returns appropriate change as needed.
- Handles merchandise returns and/or exchanges in accordance with store policy.
- Maintains adequate stock of paper forms for the cash register area, and notifies the Manager when additional supplies are needed.
- Attends store meetings and training sessions as requested.
- Maintains a neat and orderly store at all times to include re-stocking and organizing of products on the sales floor and back storage, as well as dusting and vacuuming all areas.
- Prepares product displays as requested.
- Balances cash drawer and total currency sales each day.
- Assists with loss prevention, reports any theft or suspected theft by customers or employees to management immediately.
- Answers retail phones and emails, and assists customers with information and sales.
- Unloads deliveries to include lifting and carrying boxes and stocking in appropriate areas when needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Store Manager, Retail Coordinators, or VP of Operations.
- Occasional overtime may be required for special events, and can include working at off-site events.
- Work hard to ensure the store is run as efficiently as possible
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or GED equivalent; one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability/Critical thinking*
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Being able to adapt
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software; accounting software and internet software. Operational knowledge of Stores2 management application is necessary.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and is typically indoors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Must be able to advise best solution for customer needs, address customer concerns, provide complete product knowledge and provide an excellent customer service experience.
Send your resume and a note about why you’re perfect for this position to email@example.com